Web Content Specialist
Qualified candidates must be graduates of advanced degree programs in journalism, communications, science writing, health communication, or other relevant fields, or have extensive experience researching and writing about healthcare topics. The full-time permanent position is salaried, with starting pay based on the candidate’s experience.
The Web Content Specialist is all about making sure that the content is:
- Awesome and compelling for the target audience
- Consistent with the client’s goals
- Delivered on time
- Written with promotion in mind
- Tracked for performance
As a Web Content Specialist, you are a researcher, journalist, and creative writer who can crank out well-researched content on deadline. You have a journalistic instinct to gather the who, what, why, when, and where during research and interviews with medical experts and patients. You believe typos and missing deadlines without prior notice is ridiculous.
You can also step into the reality of several different healthcare audiences, whether it’s a patient who has just received bad news or a physician struggling to stay afloat in today’s healthcare system.
You know how to balance working with a team and independently, working onsite and remotely. And you respect visual design as an important part of helping people understand complex information.
The Web Content Specialist will be responsible for:
- Generating content ideas for clients and for the CareContent website
- Creating content for client blogs and social media (i.e., interviewing client sources, researching, writing, editing, and proofreading the content)
- Ensuring that client content is delivered on time and promoted on social media
- Assisting with analytics reports on client websites and social media
- Writing posts and helping with social media for the CareContent blog
- WordPress admin panel
- Google apps
What Skills You’ll Use/Learn
- How to decipher medical information from clinical sources
- How to narrate through complex info to help the target audience understand
- How to craft content for easy navigation on any device
- Social media tactics to increase engagement
Send Your Application Today
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 to 5 relevant work samples to Lynette Griffin: Lynette@CareContent.com